Temco Swift

Globe Swift Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild

August 30, 2008

When I finished the rebuilding of the Swift landing gear struts, actuators and downlocks I thought I was finished with the hydraulic system for a while. Not so. While I was in the wheelwells cleaning things up for the re-installation of my newly rebuild parts, I took out the aluminum hydraulic lines and polished them […]

Read the full article →

Globe Swift Landing Gear Rebuild – Actuator

July 21, 2008

In the last post we talked about replacing the seals in the Globe Swift landing gear downlock. This post will cover some of the steps in replacing the seals in the landing gear actuator. As mentioned in the last post, actuator seal kit S-147 was purchased from the Swift Association to complete this actuator rebuild.

Read the full article →

Globe Swift Landing Gear Rebuild – Downlock

July 13, 2008

The Manual The main landing gear downlock is the simplest of the hydraulic mechanisms on the Swift to rebuild, but it still is best accomplished with a copy of the Swift Hydraulic Manual. It may be purchased from the International Swift Association, Athens, TN.  In it are parts breakdowns and step-by-step instructions for the overhaul […]

Read the full article →